Major feature releases recap for 2022
This blog is to recap the year 2022 in terms of feature releases for Creativas apps for Confluence.
But before that, we want to thank everyone who trusted us and our apps, which brought us to our biggest milestone in 2022, to be declared as Platinum Marketplace Partner.
Now speaking of releases, here’s a sum-up
Smart Courses major feature releases
Smart Courses for Confluence witnessed outstanding changes in 2022 to the User Interface and the User Experience. Three levels in Smart Courses were targeted:
- Course Catalog
- Course editor
Here’s a briefing of all the important features that were added to each level.
Regarding the catalog configuration, we expanded the opportunity of customizing brandings, announcements, and cards to the space level, so now you can have a customized catalog per space or globally. We also made it possible to hide and reorder the catalog filtering options per space and globally.
One more thing that became common between spaces catalogs and the global catalog is displaying the total number of courses next to the filtering options.
Last but not least, a space indication of the course was added to the course card.
Here’s the list:
- Built a course dashboard that you can access during or at the end of the course while previewing or attending the course.
- Customization of the certificate template per course, per space, and global.
- Add and edit course levels from the global configuration.
- Added a few more options to the course configuration and enhanced the latter to be organized.
- Revamped the assignment feature user interface
- The mention of the assignment due date in the email sent to the attendee
- Customization of assignment reminders:
- No. of days before the due date to start sending reminders
- How often will reminders be sent
- Customize the assignment messages with HTML
- Brought a feature to allow the enrollment of users even if the assignment is overdue.
- Tables became supported within text capsules.
- Added a configuration section in the text capsule.
Regarding the metrics, the user dashboard was rebuilt to provide more activity reporting and metrics of every Confluence user in Smart Courses.
Another enhancement that was required by our clients was to add the list of course contributors to the course metrics. Speaking of course contributors, they obtained the rights to export copies of generated certificates to users from the course metrics.
Smart Terms major feature releases
Moving on to your favorite glossary app for Confluence, Smart Terms.
- Glossary: 3 new layouts for glossary display.
- Redesigned the instant search box, the filtering, and the letter navigation search.
- Organized Smart Terms highlight engine configuration and added a few options.
- Modernized the term editor introducing adding media while dragging and dropping easily between them. Added the highlight globally option to the term editor.
- Built the term history option.
- Introduced the multi-language support to the term.
- Terms list macro is supported for Cloud.
The last release for Smart Terms targeted 5 major key points:
- Glossary branding
- Disabling the highlight per page and per user
- The support of tables added to the term editor
- The related vocabulary section now supports plurals
- Filtering options are joined: Filter by Contributors, related vocabulary, spaces, and term titles.
You can see further explanations of each feature from the video below: